Building Regulations

Building regulations compliance

 If you own a home or rental

, you are legally responsible for compliance with the Building Regulations.

The Building Regulations apply to building work in England and Wales and set standards for the design and construction of buildings to ensure the health and safety of people in or around those buildings.  Equivalent Regulations apply in Scotland.

NICEIC enables householders and landlords to find reputable contractors that are registered to certify their own work to the relevant Building Regulations.

For further information about Building Regulations compliance in England and Wales please visit:

The Department of Communities and Local Government (CLG) website

The Planning Portal, the UK Government's online planning and Building Regulations resource